Pages

Story - 1

An old man goes to a Bank and presents a Cheque for Rs.1000/- to the cashier, a young girl.

Cashier:
Sir, you should withdraw such small amounts from the ATM outside the Bank.
Don't waste a Cheque's leaf and my time.

Old man:
What's the problem with giving me Rs.1,000/- Cash?

Cashier:
Sorry Sir, it cannot be done.
You either go to the ATM, (or) increase the amount to be withdrawn.

Old man:
Okay, I want to withdraw the entire Amount from my Bank Account, keeping the Minimum mandatory balance in it.

The Cashier checked his Account balance and finds it to be over Rs 80 Lakhs!!

Cashier:
"We don't have that much Cash in the safe right now.
But if you give me a Cheque for Rs 80 Lakhs, we can arrange the Cash tomorrow".

Old man:
How much can you give me right now?

Cashier: (checks the SB Account balance) and said-
Sir, I can give you Rs.10 Lakhs straight away.

The old man tears off the earlier Cheque of Rs.1000/- writes a new Cheque for Rs.10 Lakhs and hands it over to the Cashier.

While the young girl went to the Safe vault to get the Cash, the old man grabs a Cash Deposit slip from the shelf and fills it up.

The young girl returns with the cash, meticulously counts out Rs.10 Lakhs, gives the bundles of Cash to the old man and says - "there you are, Sir.
Now you will have to carry this pile of Cash Home on your own. But count your money before leaving the counter.
I won't entertain any Complaint later."

The old man picked out Two Notes of Rs 500/- from the pile of Cash, puts them in his Wallet and said-
"I trust you, Beta, I don't need to count. Now, here's a Cash Deposit Challan. Please deposit Rs. 9,99,000/- back into my
SB Account and give me the Stamped and signed Counterfoil. And yes, please count the Cash in my presence."

Moral of the story:
*Don't mess with Senior Citizens, especially if they are retired*!!!


Source: LinkedIn

M P Naveen Chandra

Author pursued the Bachelor of Commerce from Nizam College, Hyderabad. He articulates his interests for informative purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment